If you are below the age of 18 years of age, you will ensure parental or guardian consent to these Terms, (with the exception of modules which are expressly targeted at users below 18 years and are identified as such on the website), else you may not use the site.
Change of Terms
Sites may include forums containing the personal opinions and other expressions of the persons who post entries on a wide range of topics. Neither the User Content (as defined below) on these Sites, nor any links to other websites, are screened, moderated, approved, reviewed or endorsed by Knowlens. By posting to or viewing such forums, you agree that Knowlens is not responsible or liable for the content of any postings therein. Knowlens reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove any content from such forums in its discretion.
In order to fully participate in all Site activities, you must access the sites through an individual login on the Site (a “User Login”), as per the procedure defined by Knowlens from time to time. You agree that you will never divulge or share access or access information to your User Login with any third party for any reason. In case you have accessed the site through a corporate relationship, you agree that this access may not be available to your individual account in case you have a separate individual access additionally.
In setting up your User Login, you may be prompted or required to enter additional information, as per Knowlens customer information and identification requirements. You represent that all information provided by you is accurate, current and complete and you agree that you will maintain and update your information to keep it accurate, current and complete. You acknowledge that if any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we reserve the right to terminate your use of the Sites.
Knowlens Online Behavior Rules
You agree to use the Sites in accordance with all applicable laws. Further, you agree that you will use the Site for purely educational purposes and no other. You further agree that you will not e-mail or post any of the following content (“Prohibited Content”) anywhere on the Site, or on any other Knowlens computing resources:
- Content that violates another's intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets.
- Content that you do not have the right to disclose under contractual confidentiality obligations or fiduciary duties.
- Content that defames, harasses or threatens others
- Content that discusses unlawful activities with the intent to commit such activities, or encourages others to commit such activities.
- Content that contains obscene (i.e., pornographic) language or images
- Advertising, promotional materials, or any form of commercial solicitation
- Content that otherwise harms other users or visitors to the Sites
- Content that is otherwise unlawful or that violates any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Content that probes, scans, or tests the vulnerability of any system or network
- Content that breaches or otherwise circumvents any security measures.
- Content that interferes with or disrupts any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any other user or part of the Sites
- Content that plants malware or otherwise uses the Sites to distribute malware.
Although Knowlens does not routinely screen or monitor content posted by users to the Site, Knowlens reserves the right to remove Prohibited Content of which it becomes aware, but is under no obligation to do so.
Copyrighted material, including without limitation software, graphics, text, photographs, sound, video and musical recordings, may not be placed on the Site without the express permission of the owner of the copyright in the material, or other legal entitlement to use the material.
Finally, you agree that you will not access or attempt to access any other user's account, or misrepresent or attempt to misrepresent your identity while using the Sites.
The Sites will, from time to time, offer online modules on a particular topic (an "Online Module"). Knowlens reserves the right to, extend or reduce module access period, or modify its content as well as the point value or weight of any module component. Online Modules offered are subject to the Disclaimer of Warranties / Limitation of Liabilities section below. You acknowledge that due to technological reasons or Force Majeure reasons, there may be difficulty in site access at certain times, and Knowlens would make a reasonable effort to compensate for this lost time, on a best effort basis, but would not be bound to do so.
For each module, your performance in the Online Module will be determined by the points system as stated on the sites for that particular module. This may be treated as an acknowledgement from Knowlens of your accomplishment on the module. You acknowledge that the acknowledge that Knowlens Online Modules, will not stand in the place of a course taken at an accredited institution, and do not convey academic credit. You acknowledge that Knowlens will not be involved in any attempts to get the course recognized by any educational or accredited institution, unless explicitly stated otherwise by Knowlens.
Use of Knowlens Module Content
All content or other materials available on the Sites, including but not limited to code, images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, audio and video clips, HTML files and other content are the property of Knowlens as per Indian Law. In consideration for your agreement to the terms and conditions contained here, Knowlens grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the Sites. You may download material from the Sites only for your own personal use. You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material, nor may you modify or create derivatives works of the material. The burden of determining that your use of any information, software or any other content on the Site is permissible rests with you.
In connection with your participation in an Online Module, you may have the ability to access or download content provided by other Users taking the course. Knowlens recommends that you only download or access files from a trusted source and implement security measures to scan downloaded files for contaminants.
User Material Submission
The Sites may also provide you with ability to upload or send information to Knowlens regarding the Sites or related services (“Feedback”). By submitting the Feedback, you hereby grant Knowlens an irrevocable license to use as it deems fit.
Links to Other Sites
The Sites may include hyperlinks to sites maintained or controlled by others. Knowlens is not responsible for nor does it routinely review or endorse the contents of or use of any of the products or services that may be offered at these sites.
Knowlens may work with partners where Knowlens content is promoted. While Knowlens will make efforts to ensure currency of the content on such partner sites, Knowlens does not bear any responsibility for currency and accuracy of such content. The user is expected to do due diligence on such sites and content prior to enrollment.
Third Party Payment Processing. Knowlens may provide you with the ability to pay for Online Courses and other services using a credit card or debit card or internet banking or any other such universally accepted payment mechanism through a third party payment processing service provider. Please note this is done through standard banking channels and Knowlens does not process this information.
Knowlens Data Analysis
Records of your participation in Online Modules may be used for researching online learning patterns as well as user behavior. In the interests of this research, you may be exposed to slight variations in the module content that will not substantially alter your learning experience. All research findings will be reported at the aggregate level and will not expose your personal identity.
Fees and Access
In selected Online Modules, fees, access rights and duration, will be as per the fees and terms structure defined for your login access, whether as individual or as institutional. These fees, access rights and duration may change from user to user, and from time to time. Acceptance of these terms prior to the commencement of the module will be treated as final.
- There is no limit to number of referrals
- The benefits of Referrals may accrue to Referrer (one who refers) as well as Referee (one who is referred)
- Knowlens reserves the right to determine and modify the nature of the Referral Policy from time to time including the right to modify the nature of benefit including but not restricted to online benefits on partner sites, physical goods in association with partners, discounts, points on the site and any other form as Knowlens may deem fit
- These schemes may be offered in collaboration with partners. Knowlens bears no responsibility for non delivery of partner commitments as per the Referral program
- Referral benefits would be credited only upon completion of the Referral process as defined by Knowlens from time to time
- Referral benefits would be delivered strictly as per communicated terms and would not be transferable to third parties
- Referral scheme information as displayed on the website or via email would be deemed as complete communication of information to Referrer and Referee
- Knowlens reserves the right to introduce different referral and promotional schemes from time to time
- Communication of the new program structure on the sites may be considered as due notification of the current program structure
- In case of physical gift or online based redemption, Knowlens would not bear responsibility for the quality of the gifts or final delivery of the online benefit. However, on a best effort basis, Knowlens would endeavor to address the concern of the customer
- Any requests or complaints about the quality of the goods if applicable will not be entertained if made beyond 24 hours from the delivery of the item
Choice of Law/Forum Selection
Disclaimer of Warranty / Limitation of Liabilities
THE SITES AND ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THEREIN ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Knowlens AND IT’S STAFF (THE “Knowlens ENTITIES”) DO NOT WARRANT, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE ACCURACY, ADEQUACY OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY ONLINE MODULE, SITE, INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM A SITE, OR LINK TO A SITE. THE Knowlens ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT SITES WILL OPERATE IN AN UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE MANNER OR THAT SITES ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE Knowlens ENTITIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT (A) THE ONLINE MODULES OR SITES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS OR ACHIEVE THE INTENDED PURPOSES, (B) THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES WILL NOT EXPERIENCE OUTAGES OR OTHERWISE BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, (C) THE INFORMATION OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH OR FROM THE ONLINE MODULES OR SITES WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, CURRENT, ERROR-FREE, COMPLETELY SECURE OR RELIABLE, OR (D) THAT DEFECTS IN OR ON THE ONLINE MODULES OR SITES WILL BE CORRECTED. NONE OF THE Knowlens PARTIES MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING YOUR ABILITY TO TRANSMIT AND RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM OR THROUGH THE SITES, AND YOU AGREE AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ABILITY TO ACCESS THE ONLINE COURSES AND SITES MAY BE IMPAIRED. THE Knowlens PARTIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RESULTING FROM OR RELATED TO SUCH EVENTS OR THE ACCESS OR USE OF THE ONLINE COURSES OR SITES OR ANY INFORMATION OR SERVICES RELATED TO THEM.
You agree that Knowlens, at its sole discretion, may terminate your use of the Site or your participation in it thereof, for any reason or no reason whatsoever and shall not have any liability to you for any such action. You further agree that Knowlens has the right to cancel, delay, reschedule or alter the format of any Online Course at any time, and that none of the Knowlens shall have any liability to you for any such action. If you no longer desire to participate in the Site, you may terminate your participation therein upon notice to Knowlens.
Code of Conduct
All students participating in the class must agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will register for only one account.
- My answers to homework, quizzes and exams will be my own work (except for assignments that explicitly permit collaboration).
- I will not make solutions to homework, quizzes or exams available to anyone else. This includes both solutions written by me, as well as any official solutions provided by the course staff.
- I will not engage in any other activities that will dishonestly improve my results or dishonestly improve/hurt the results of others.
You agree to receiving email, sms and application notification based communication on transaction or usage status of the Knowlens platform or courses. You also agree to receiving sms for your mobile number verification as well as specific instructions on resetting password, etc.
Effective as of 17 January, 2019.